Monday, February 3, 2014

Crepuscular Rays on the Blue Ridge Parkway

Crepuscular Rays stream down through the clouds from the sun and create heavenly landscapes.  I use to believe that angels walked down these rays and if you stood within them, you were blessed by God, I still do on some occasions.  While driving back to Asheville from Crabtree Waterfalls, I encountered several of these.  The elevations present different weather conditions.  It could be cloudy at one point, then 10 miles down the road sunny, then cloudy again after 7 miles.  The Blue Ridge Parkway is amazing.  All these photos were taken within an hour's drive (on the same day) along the Blue Ridge Parkway driving back home.



When I was driving there was a hawk flying, but I did not get a picture of it.  By the time I pulled over, it had flown off.



How the heavens touch the earth.



I think this one is my favorite because the Blue Ridge Mountains look surreal. 



Then it got cloudy.



Then another few miles sunny as the sun was getting closer to setting.



Then another few miles the clouds started hanging low again.



And at Mount Mitchell Dome parking area, I could not see the mountains due to the heavy fog. 



Then after descending the Blue Ridge Parkway the clouds got thinner.



Until the sun started coming out again in a few more miles. 

The Blue Ridge Parkway is filled with many surprises.  It is a living ecological area, not only in the flora, fauna, and wildlife, but also in the atmosphere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment